nanog mailing list archives

Re: What happened?

From: joe () vpop net (Joe McDonald)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:29:53 -0700

Looks like InterNIC is cleaning house.  Some 48,000 domains disappeared
from the roots last night.

-joe

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:03:26 -0400, "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
wrote:

I'm getting bounces on my mailing lists from BELLATLANTIC.NET saying
"Host not found".

After a little sleuthing, I've found that Bellatlantic.net is on hold!!

I just got off the phone with their NOC. The guy there told me that
the problem will get fixed with tonight's update. He also told me that
apparently there were other domains that got put on hold by the InterNIC.

I'd be very surprised if Bell Atlantic hadn't paid for their domains. I
have to assume this is an InterNIC issue.

Anyone know what's up over there?

           * NewsHub: Updated every 15 minutes/24 hours a day! *
                          http://newshub.com/