nanog mailing list archives

Re: OK.

From: Dale Drew <ddrew () mci net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:45:27 -0400

 Most web page access, odd-statistics gathering, and ease-of-use
 tools with which I am familiar use ^expect^ to implement such.

One such example would be MCI's "pollem", available at
ftp://ftp.mci.net/outgoing/pollem

"pollem" is a perl script that will log into a Cisco, pull
a copy of the on-line config, and compare it with a previously
pulled config (for things like network audits, etc).  It
can be changed to execute any command that the logged in user
has privledge for.

            http://www.security.mci.net/dostrack
Dale Drew                                 MCI Telecommunications
Sr. Manager                                 internetMCI Security
                                                     Engineering
Voice:  703/715-7058                     Internet: ddrew () mci net
Fax:    703/715-7066                 MCIMAIL: Dale_Drew/644-3335