nanog mailing list archives

Re: Denial of service attacks apparently from UUNET Netblocks

From: "Matthew V. J. Whalen" <mwhalen () uucom com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 21:37:51 -0400

I think I heard "John A. Tamplin" say:
Why not just have the Radius server generate the filter itself based on the
assigned IP address?

Aside from having to reconfigure the router everytime somebody logs on
or off? Other than having to have the Radius server run a script which
logs into the router and enables (assuming that you are using a Cisco)?
Ignoring the problems that Cisco's can have with changing access-lists
(especially under high load)? (the list could continue)  Other than all
those reasons, it would work just fine. :)

(okay - maybe I'm Cisco bashing and flaming, but I've seen far too many
service interruptions caused by changing access-lists to ignore the issue)

-----
-matthew