nanog mailing list archives

Re: AGIS Signing up New Spammers

From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem () rellim com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:45:50 -0800 (PST)

Yo Phil!

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Phil Lawlor wrote:

At 04:28 PM 11/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
I don't know if they still do, but AGIS used to just setup sendmail.cf
filters to block mail from sites or individuals complaining about spam
houses hooked up to AGIS.

To the best of my knowledge, we only blocked mailbombers.  Someone here
from AGIS can correct me if I am wrong.

WRONG!  I only sent ONE piece of mail to abuse () agis com for EACH spam I
received.  I was (am?) blocked by AGIS.

BTW, do not bother to reply directly.  Until we feel AGIS is spam free
we have black-holed all mail from AGIS netblocks.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 2680 Bayshore Pkwy, #202 Mountain View, CA 94043-1009
        gem () rellim com  Tel:+1(650)964-1186 Fax:+1(650)964-1176