nanog mailing list archives

Re: AGIS Signing up New Spammers

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:28:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Phil Lawlor wrote:

This is completely incorrect.  AGIS' AUP can be found at www.agis.net.  We
are vigorously enforcing our AUP.  AGIS will not sell connectivity to UCE
businesses, and have not for some time.  We investigate all complaints
about AGIS' customers that are sent to abuse () agis net.  Spammers have been
terminated, and will continue to be as long as I run this company.

I don't know if they still do, but AGIS used to just setup sendmail.cf
filters to block mail from sites or individuals complaining about spam
houses hooked up to AGIS.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |