nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ascend GRF

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () xcom net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 11:59:23 -0800

At 04:00 PM 06-11-97 +0000, you wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:44:33 -0600 (CST)
Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net> wrote:

After we let it run for a while, we noticed the GateD daemon would just
die at weird times with no error messages.  So, we tried changing the
config,

I don't believe this at all. One good thing about gated is that it has
loads of logging features.

[ snip ]

I can confirm both. We had *exactly* the same issue with the
GRF. Random ethernet resets on the rmb <-> eip with no explanation
'cept a release of new code. Ascend had told me something about
intergap delay problems with the Cajun.

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                       hannigan () xcom net
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108