nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10.0.0

From: Danny McPherson <danny () genuity net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 01:10:02 -0700

      You can have an internal mesh made up of entireley rfc1918 address
space, and not leak these routes to the rest of the world, I've only
once caught MCI leaking stuff from a test lab, which was kinda annoying,
but not really anything bad, and a polite e-mail message to them got
an immediate fix of the problem.

i'd think most providers filter rfc1918 addresses both inbound and outbound at
naps (mci does, i believe), although maybe not to customers...

using reserved address space internally (as long is it remains internal),
seems like a good idea to me - isn't that why it was reserved?

-danny