nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root Name Server Confederations

From: Marc Hurst <mhurst () fastlane ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 11:49:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

Marc Hurst writes:
choosing any root name servers other than the 25-year-old IANA set
is guaranteed to cost an ISP money in unnecessary tech support and
bad public relations.

I have the ability and the resources to challenge your accusations
internationally,

are you willing to put your money and your job where your mouth are?

If the best argument you have at your disposal is the threat of a
lawsuit, I suspect that Mr. Vixie has already won his case.

If an international court were to rule in favour of the IANA and the ISOC
I would accept that mandate and call it a day.

So far I have only seen rulings coming from UScourts...

Perry
Speaking personally, and not in any official capacity