nanog mailing list archives

Re: set community no-export

From: Frye Kendall Lee <fryek () rintintin Colorado EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 10:47:32 -0600 (MDT)

I would like to know the classification of a backbone network?  Or how
does the Internet community classify networks?  Is it by some sort of
transit or access establishment with major providers or what?  Is
identifing the _major_ backbones related to the _major_ transit carriers?

A more extensive list, as Ryan begins to propose below, would be helpful,
if there is a list.

Regards - Kendall