nanog mailing list archives

Re: PacBell

From: "Justin W. Newton" <justin () priori net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:38:58 -0700

At 08:54 AM 6/24/97 -0700, Curt Howland wrote:

On Jun 24, Curt Howland <howland () conxion com> wrote:

Not everyone you might want to peer with on the West Coast
is at the PAIX.

     Right, the PAIX by itself wouldn't be enough (though the
     lighting is really cool); but with the PAIX /and/ MAE-West?
Coverage might reach whatever % of the 'net you're looking
for with the PAIX and Mae-East alone, but that's not my major
criteria for choosing exchange points.
So maybe the question comes back to, "is everyone you want to peer
with on the West coast at the PAIX?"

MAE /West/ Curt, MAE /West/ :).  (We'll also bet at MAE East, btw, but that
wasn't the point).  Basically, I believe what JD wanted to know is whether
or not traffic /is/ flowing better over PacBell NAP than it is through the
others, and to which provider(s) it seems that the traffic is flowing
better over that exchange, at this time.

Justin W. Newton                  voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect            fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
Director At Large, ISP/C           http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."