nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP Filtering / CIDR Block Size / SprintLink

From: Lee Howard <spiff () access digex net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:21:12 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, McLeodUSA wrote:

Who, in addition to SprintLink, is currently implementing IP
filtering based on CIDR block size (/19)?  And where can I go
to learn more about this issue?

I've read the "Q&A conducted by Christy Hudgins-Bonafield with
Alecia Cooper, group manager SprintLink product management." at
http://techweb.cmp.com/nc/online/sprint.html  but couldn't seem
to find much on what other carriers are doing.

Thanks.

Tim Nemec
McLeodUSA

AGIS published their route filter criteria:

http://agisgate.agis.net/tsld002.htm

Essentially, they will filter on /19 in the 206+.

They will filter on /24 for the 192-205 range.

Everything else (0-191) will be filtered in the /16.

Lee