nanog mailing list archives

Re: F means filtered ?

From: "Justin W. Newton" <justin () erols com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:02:23 -0500

At 07:48 PM 2/16/97 -0500, Avi Freedman wrote:
It seems to me, Jim, that a reasonable person would assume that he allows
access to the services that it's supposed to provide (DNS), but reserves
the right to 'F'ilter services that are immaterial to the DNS functionality.

I think actually the question that Jim was asking is whether Paul filters
access to the root name server he runs based on his Spam Blacklist.  It
seems to be a valid question.

Justin Newton
Network Architect
Erol's Internet Services