nanog mailing list archives

Re: Multiple fiber carriers (was Re: Netrail woes)

From: Timothy Brown <tim () priori net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, the 26th of August, J.D. was saying:

I'll ignore Nathan's defense because IMHO it has no place
on this list, and get straight to the operational issues.

I'd assume that everybody is currently either already doing
his or planning to do it RSN.  How can one tell, however,
whether their carrier is using their own fiber or leasing
Worldcom's?  Or even if Worldcom has been leasing /theirs/,
thus putting you right back on the same physical line?

Or putting their fiber right next to Worldcom's on the same
physical route...

My $0.02...

Timothy Brown <tim () priori net>               voice: +1.650.482.2840
Network Operations                        fax: +1.650.482.2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                     NOC: +1.888.ISPS.NOC

        "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."