nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:15:34 +0100

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:20:50 -0700
 hoff () nodewarrior net (Christofer Hoff) wrote:

SO, the bottom line...has anyone else deployed multiple GRF400's with
success.
Ascend will tell you that UUNET has deployed (or is going to) a
hundred or so.
I want to talk to people USING the technology, not thinking about it.

Your comments and opinions are welcomed.

Yes I have a pile of them, they work well, but there are alot of
gotchas on them. UUNET are using them now btw:

Trying 137.39.110.142...
Connected to 105.ga025.XR4.NYC1.Alter.Net.
Escape character is '^]'.

Ascend Embedded/OS 1.3 (XR4.NYC1.Alter.Net) (ttyp0)

User: Connection closed by foreign host.

And if you've not used gated before I'd recommend using PC's to do a
mock up of your planned backbone.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil () DOMINO ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)