nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

From: "joseph j. kim" <jokim () ipcom com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:50:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Justin W. Newton wrote:

At 08:35 PM 8/25/97 +0000, Nathan Stratton wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Lane Patterson wrote:

Talk to Nathan Stratton at Netrail.  He's our collective test case :-)

Aren't you looking at Cisco's BFR too?

We have been trying to get a BFR (now GSR) in, but I think Cisco does not
want a GSR next to a GRF or something. :-)

i don't understand all of the mail comparing the two, there is really no
comparison. the GSR blows the GRF away. there is an order of magnitude
difference in the aggregate b/w supported between the two correct? 4Mb/s
vs 40Mb/s. Also, not that I know anything about the GRF but I think Cisco
claims that 7500 real-world performance is much better than the GRF400.

maybe someone can post some performance numbers.

-jjk