nanog mailing list archives

RE: Nuclear power for POPs

From: Tim Gibson <tim () taggnet skyscape net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:58:57 -0400 (EDT)

Cooling is not a problem, we have a guy that designed the cooling for the
Candu reactors. Al came up with a cooling unit for a portable high power
laser system for us awhile ago. He's got it down to convection driven
liquid nitrogen with a delta T of over 140 degrees in the size of a pop
can. If you can spare 18" in a regular telco rack in the POP , you could
put 4 - 8 such units in.

Tim Gibson
Skyscape Communications