nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nuclear power for POPs

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () pluris com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 16:32:44 -0700

Heh.  At some point of time the Relcom's NOC and
main Moscow hub (which was conviniently located at
Kurchatov Institute for Atomic Energy) had a real
nuclear reactor for backup power.

In fact, given BBN's power problems you may be interested
in purchasing few ARGUS units (Soviet-made mobile nuclear
power plant, on several all-terrain vehicles) though neighbours
may take a dim view :)

Life is werider than imagination :)

--vadim