nanog mailing list archives

Re: customers and web servers and level one naps

From: Paul A Vixie <vixie () wisdom home vix com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 14:17:58 -0700

Second:  allowing such a customer, or an NSP, to attach web services
directly to the FDDI ring at the NAP.
[...]
PAIX is doing this.  As far as I know the other major interchange provider
are not.  I am wondering why.

Digital's new XP is doing this. http://www.ix.digital.com/ for more info.
Other XP's do it too if it makes business sense. The market will figure
out whether it makes sense or not.

Digital's new XP is not doing this.  Quoting the above WWW page:

Then, later on in http://www.ix.digital.com/guide.html, we see: