nanog mailing list archives

Re: TCP SYN attacks

From: dvv () sprint net (Dima Volodin)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 16:32:41 -0400 (EDT)

Any data on how the firewall itself withstands SYN attacks? How much
resources are needed to cope with a real attack? From what I've read in
their white paper it's just a piece of SYN-processing code that was
duplicated (functionally) in the gateway, so all concerns about resource
usage and speed seem to be still valid.

Dima

Richard Stiennon writes:

Check out the elegant solution just announced by Checkpoint:

http://www.checkpoint.com/fw21/syndefender/syndefender-white.html

This is a firewall solution. I like the psuedo-NAT done to adjust sequence
number.
Richard Stiennon                      richards () netrex com
Director, Business Development                http://www.netrex.com
Netrex, Inc.                  Voice: 810-352-9643
Southfield, Michigan                  Fax: 810-352-2375
Providing businesses and organizations with secure Internet solutions.