nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco as Big Brother (Was Re: Cisco's AIP vs HSSI)

From: Jon Green <jon () netins net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 08:09:28 -0500

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:43:01 -0400, jburgan () baynetworks com writes:

It takes an Act of God to get Bay to release a fix - but it works when
they release it, and it works in the next full release too.

Well, not wanting to speak for God but....

Where ISP's are concerned, most have my email address and we do try to
respond quickly when we hear about a problem (whether it be a bug or
needed feature). As always, there's more work to do ;-)

Jeff

P.S. We do appreciate the kind words about the quality of the code.

I can vouch for Jeff on that.  He and Marten Terpstra have heard from
me more than they would probably like to over the last month.  Jeff
even called me on a Saturday morning to talk about some problems we
were having and help me get them fixed.

As ISPs, I think we are all fortunate in that the router vendors realize
there's LOTS of money to be made in Internet.  I would imagine that
most router vendors are this responsive to their ISP customers.  If they
aren't, they probably won't have those customers for long.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *   Wide-Area Networking Technician   *
   *     jon () netINS net         *   Iowa Network Services, Inc.        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *   312 8th Street, Suite 730           *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" *   Des Moines, IA 50309                 *