nanog mailing list archives

Re: Intra/Inter - was Inet-II

From: "John G. Scudder" <jgs () ieng com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 23:17:30 -0400

At 10:12 PM -0400 10/12/96, Paul Ferguson wrote:
At 11:15 AM 10/11/96 -0700, bmanning () ISI EDU wrote:
BGP has a number of serious flaws.  The more complex the routing mesh, the
more they will become visable.  And if what I see is correct, IDRP, the
BGP heir, has the same sets of problems.

Another suggestion? Lacking one, one might suggest that the complexity
of the 'mesh' needs to be simplified.

Lacking another suggestion, at least an enumeration of specific problems
would be quite constructive.  (That is, I think that vague assertions are
not especially constructive.)

Perhaps Bill would like to send his specific critiques to the IDR mailing list.

Regards,

--John

--
John Scudder                        email:  jgs () ieng com
Internet Engineering Group, LLC     phone:  (313) 669-8800