nanog mailing list archives

Intra/Inter - was Inet-II

From: bmanning () ISI EDU (Bill Manning)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 17:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:16:53 -0700
From: Vadim Antonov <avg () quake net>
To: kwe () 6SigmaNets com, swolff () cisco com
Subject: Re: Internet II is coming...
Cc: mathis () psc edu, nanog () merit edu
    [...]
Oh, no, not AUP again!

What a mess.

I don't think so, really.

This time around, the AUP will not be at the functional core of the
Internet, plus most people will be on the AUP-free side of things.

-tjs

        Hi again,
                Please note that firewalls, Intranets, Market-segment
                nets (eg ANX, Inet-II, and the raft of MRNs) all are
                there -because- of AUPs.  And yes it is a mess and
                it creates business opportunities and things would
                be much better if we could all get along and do things
                -my- way. :)
                AUPs are a fact of life.  We (as a community) have
                to figure out how to deal with support of thousands
                of AUPs in a global internet.

                Just my 0.02 rembi.

--
--bill