nanog mailing list archives

Re: I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

From: brett () tta com (Brett Watson)
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 07:17:37 -0500 (CDT)

Paul A Vixie

[...] I'd suggest including (in no particular order) the following:

      Address   Operations Area      Example Usage
      routing   Network Operations   Network routing issues
      nic       Network Operations   Same as noc
      news      Customer Support     Same as usenet
      help      Customer Support     Same as support

hostmaster was done in the -01 draft, sent shortly ago.  security seems
reasonable but is this current practice anywhere you know of?  www and
news are current practice, i'll add those but note that these are used
for internal errors in those services and may point to different folks
than the ones for external queries.

  don't know if security is a standard alias anywhere else but mci uses it
extensively.  it would seem a *good* practice for everyone to use that
alias.

listowner is new to me.  i've seen listserv.  i think this is slippery
enough to warrant a blanket "use *-REQUEST or POSTMASTER" which is what
-01 says.  comments on this are welcome.

  i've seen list owner a quite a few provider type domains.  at least
in places where someone runs a bunch of lists from majordomo.  actually
i guess i've seen it aliased to majordomo, or synonamous with.

-brett