nanog mailing list archives

Re: I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cyberNOTHING org>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 07:35:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

[...] I'd suggest including (in no particular order) the following:

      Address   Operations Area      Example Usage
      routing   Network Operations   Network routing issues
      nic       Network Operations   Same as noc
      news      Customer Support     Same as usenet
      help      Customer Support     Same as support

hostmaster was done in the -01 draft, sent shortly ago.  security seems
reasonable but is this current practice anywhere you know of?

        I beleive that SprintLink uses it, but I've got permanent routing
anomalies in my memory so I can't be sure.

 [various other comments munged]
should the document state which of these are recommended for new sites
and which are listed only for backward compatibility with random older
nonstandardized sites?  i think so.

        Agreed.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cybernothing org> =========---------
  |     "Whatever thy hand findest to do, do it with all thy heart."     |
  |                             -- Jesus of Nazareth                     |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----