nanog mailing list archives

Re: mae-west congestion

From: Nikos Mouat <nikm () ixa net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 23:43:53 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Peter Kaminski wrote:

What I don't understand is why that has _stayed_ saturated... it seems to me
that some of the big players would have rerouted their traffic by now to avoid
subjecting it to this, which would also have the side effect of causing the
problem to, at least for the short term, go away.

...or why MFS hasn't installed a Gigaswitch there, or whatever.  We're seeing
20% - 30% packet loss through AGIS to MCI and Sprintlink during the day, and
it's not fun.

isn't agis on the mfs side and mci+sprint on the nasa side? (i know that
net99 was/is on the mfs side, but i dunno if agis is using their cage or
have a different one)

are the two 'sides' of mae-west still connected by only a ds3?

/nm