nanog mailing list archives

Re: mae-west congestion

From: booloo () cats ucsc edu (Mark Boolootian)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 17:20:50 -0800 (PST)

What I don't understand is why that has _stayed_ saturated... it seems to me
that some of the big players would have rerouted their traffic by now to avoid
subjecting it to this, which would also have the side effect of causing the
problem to, at least for the short term, go away.

I'm interested in knowing what happened between March 6 and March 7 on
the Ames FDDI ring.  That's when the utilization jumped from around 60% to
90%.  Also of interest is that it appears MFS stopped collecting stats
late in the afternoon, with utilization around 60%, on the 6th, and
didn't start collecting again until around noon on the 7th,  at which time
utilization is running at 90%.

Anyone know what happened?

mb
--
Mark Boolootian <booloo () cats ucsc edu>
(aka booloo () scruznet com)