nanog mailing list archives

Re: Routing Tutorial - Just Wondering

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid () rk ios com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 09:49:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Kim Hubbard wrote:

Is there anything you'd like the InterNIC to speak on?  If so, let

      Maybe speak on the future of IPs... Let ISPs know why they NEED to
SWIP.

    If there were to be a two day routing/peering tutorial for sysadmins here
in D.C.  With say, a twelve router MAE model, a frame relay simulator,
presentations by a couple of smaller "big" guys (i.e. not MCI, Sprint, or
UUnet, etc...), how many would be interested?  Oh yeah, free (lunch included).

      Sounds cool. I would like to go, even us from the old west. Why not do
it with Nanog...

Christian Nielsen

        I went to NANOG meeting in Wash. DC a couple of weeks ago .
        It didn't specifically address these issues , but there
        was a presentation with following in-depth :) class on
        peering with RS at MAEs/NAPs.Also lots of interesting stuff
        were delivered by Merit ppl ( such as BGP peering stats etc).
        The whole thing in general was very useful.

        Rashid