nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why aren't ISPs providing stratum 1 NTP service?

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 17:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Dean Gaudet wrote:

WWW-authentication (you have to auth to each differently named server...
suppose your net connection fluctuates while you're surfing and you get
bounced elsewhere).

Route dampening...

Life is never perfect. ;-)

There are better solutions... and we'd be better off if one of them is
standardized and we use it instead.

Is anything like this planned for HTTP 1.1? or 1.2?
It might be easier to get something like this into a standard if somebody
hacks up part of the solution and runs it for a while as I described
with redirects. Then the standards makers can say, "Hey here is a great
idea and we can solve all these problems with it by incorporating it into
HTTP 1.2".

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael () memra com