nanog mailing list archives

Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

From: bmanning () ISI EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 08:55:03 -0800 (PST)

I can't speak for Matthew, but many smallish ISPs have legacy /24
allocations from using Livingston Portmasters and IRXes before they
could do CIDR (I *think* they solved that problem, but I don't know
for sure).

-george

I think the problem was with variable-sized subnets within a /24, not
with subnetting at all, but I could be wrong.

        Please review RFC 1879 for the particulars on certain
        existing equipment providers and their abilities to
        support near-term addresing proposals.

--
--bill