nanog mailing list archives

Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

From: Edward Henigin <ed () texas net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 13:34:28 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Bill Manning wrote:
      There may be other incentives
      applied to facilitate the return, but strong-arm tactics
      and coersion, threats and hostile actions are not my favorites.
      I'd prefer to take almost any other action than blacklisting and
      hijacking.  To take such actions,  while it can be rationalized
      as a technological means to protect a networks internal
      stability, is presumptious and rude at best and legally
      indefensable at worst.

        so what you're saying is, if a Government (agency) were to take such
action, it could work..???

        but then again, we don't *want* government involved...

        where's daddy when you need him ?  Love/hate relationship to
say the least.