nanog mailing list archives

Re: CSPAN at NANOG?

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 14:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, William B. Norton wrote:

There was also a fear that marketing folks might be attracted to the bright
lights and degrade the technical quality of the meeting.  Reasonable concerns.

As someone who suggested that NANOG should consider making press releases
to educate more people about Internet operational issues, I strongly agree
that there is no place for the press at the NANOG meetings. I just wanted
to see more of the issues and decisions written up after the fact by someone
who is a part of NANOG and understands the difference between off-the-cuff
personal comments and official corporate policies.

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael () memra com