nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG/IEPG/ISOC's current role

From: rboivie () vnet IBM COM
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 96 15:26:22 EST

Gordon,  I don't have any thoughts to share re: the posting or non-posting
of traffic stats.  I just wanted to correct the point regarding the
termination of the NSFnet backbone service.
Thanks,
Rick Boivie

OOOPS!  <blush>  you are right.

But, isn't the point two fold?  While NSFnet stats were available for
another year is anyone going to seriously blame ISOC for not having them on
display a year after the fact?  They are surely available some where.
Many reading this list would likely know where in an instant.  I'd turn
to an Altavista search and to the NSF web stite to find them.

second point.  For a year now nothing has been available and given the
nature of the new market place, how could one reasonably expect them to
be available except by looking a through put figures at the MAEs.  MAE
East in particular.