nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic address allocation policy

From: Alan Hannan <alan () mid net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 20:04:16 -0600 (CST)

I have an idea.  Why doesn't someone (a big network provider or some other
entity which has technically competent people) offer the NIC $10,000 for
a huge block of CIDR addresses which it will then resell (with prompt
assignment and service etc.) to providers which need addresses,
presumably at about the price they paid for them plus admin costs
plus 20% or so.

  I know of several companies that would be willing to spend over $10,000 for
a class B network.  Money is not the issue.  Your idea of a (more efficient)
distribution center makes sense, however, this should be achieved through
group concensus and appointed councils, not by who wants to make money.
--
Alan Hannan                         (402) 472-0241         MIDnet Inc.
------------------------------\ fax (402) 472-0240   A Global Internet Company