nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic address allocation policy

From: "Alan B. Clegg" <abc () arg com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 11:40:24 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Mar 1995, Karl Denninger wrote:

Heh, I can lie my way through anything.  I just refuse to do so.

Yup.. I guess that when I drew it out in detail with only two mistakes
[POPs ended up a different location than what was planned] I was lying.

Nope, I did not lie, and neither would you if you were to think a
little.  A business plan is just that, a PLAN, and the NIC is asking for
a PLAN, not a full view of the future.  If you are wrong, you are wrong.
If you submit what you PLAN, that is what they are asking for.

Can I predict a year out where we will have POPs, what kind of customers will
be behind those POPs, or where they will be situated and how we will route
their networks for them?

If not, you don't have an idea of what your business is going to be
doing.  As I said above, you may plan wrong, but you sure as HELL should
have a plan that at least goes a year into the future.

No damn way.  No ISP in the business can possibly do that and be telling the
truth.

I don't appreciate being called a liar, Karl.

They asked for a PLAN, I supplied a PLAN.

-abc

                                              Alan B. Clegg
                                              Information Systems Manager
                                              American Research Group