nanog mailing list archives

Re: CIDR FAQ

From: poole () eunet ch (Simon Poole)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 06:35:25 +0200 (MET DST)

   Yakov, if you have data that CIDR is -not- working for new allocations
   please present it here.

Simon,

From the last CIDRD meeting (Erik-Jan Bos's slides), we have strong
data which indicates that the routing table sizes are again growing at
the double-every-nine-months rate.  Thus the obvious concern.  The
exact source of this growth has not been determined quantitatively.

Tony

Which somewhat explains why this group reminds me of a bunch of decapitated
hens.

Would it be correct to interpret your last sentence as:

          We don't what the underlying cause of the growth in prefixes
          is (new allocations, old allocations, ISP's not aggregating).

With other words, we don't even know if the I-D in question is fixing the
right problem.

Simon