Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit 4.4 is released

From: Tod Beardsley <todb () packetfu com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:58:38 -0500

Hi all!

Under cover of darkness, we finished up the final touches on
Metasploit 4.4 late last night, and released it this morning. Since
Metasploit 4.3, we've added 101 modules, made some great progress on
modernizing Meterpreter, and addressed a bunch of performance and
usability areas with Metasploit Pro. All in all, not too shabby for 85
calendar days.

SVN up (or msfupdate, or git pull -r upstream/master) and you should
see something along these lines:

       =[ metasploit v4.4.0-release [core:4.4 api:1.0]
+ -- --=[ 902 exploits - 491 auxiliary - 150 post
+ -- --=[ 250 payloads - 28 encoders - 8 nops
       =[ svn r15640 updated today (2012.07.17)

For a feature rundown, see the blog post here:

https://community.rapid7.com/community/metasploit/blog/2012/07/17/risk-validation-and-verification-in-vulnerability-management-with-metasploit

And/or sign up for HD's webcast here:

http://information.rapid7.com/webcast-managed-vulnerability-pentesting-registration.html?LS=1231847

Thanks a million to all the volunteer Metasploit contributors that
continues to make Metasploit not only possible, but crazy fun to work
on, too.

-todb