Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: msfconsole 'db_driver' command reported as 'Unknown command'

From: "HD Moore" <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 02:15:23 -0500

The MySQL database has not been supported for a long time (over a year since
it was deprecated). Since PostgreSQL is the only supported backend and we
ship a fully configured PostgreSQL server with the installer, the db_driver
command become useless and was removed  a few months back. The current
Metasploit schema relies on PostgreSQL specific features such as INET()
column types and array routines, so it isn' t just a matter of adding the
driver back to the code base.

Besides, MySQL is terrible :)
https://community.rapid7.com/community/metasploit/blog/2012/06/11/cve-2012-2
122-a-tragically-comedic-security-flaw-in-mysql

-HD