Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Change reverse_http (User-Agent:) and (Server:) headers

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 07:01:34 +0300

Thank you, a lot.

- I copied the source code
from "/opt/framework/msf3/external/source/meterpreter"
- In the file "server_setup.c" I changed "Meterpreter/Windows" to what I
want "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)".
- Compiled the solution in VC++, replaced the old metsrv.dll in
"/opt/framework/msf3/data/meterpreter" with the newly created one.
- It works! now looks less suspicious.

Thanks again,