Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: a new feature request

From: egypt () metasploit com
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:00:24 -0600

This functionality existed for some commands before with the -a
switch.  Now all of them take addresses as an argument in nmap format.
 See also:
https://community.rapid7.com/community/metasploit/blog/2011/07/22/metasploit-40-the-database-as-a-core-feature

Hope this helped,
egypt

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Scott McClellan <Scott.McClellan () tn gov> wrote:
I'd like to propose a feature be added to the Metasploit Framework.
Specifically, an IP address parameter for the following commands: db_creds,
db_notes, db_services, and db_export.  For example, key "db_notes
192.168.32.10" to only see notes for that specific machine.

I've run across several instances recently where this would come in handy;
most notably when locating multiple boxes that have multiple
vulnerabilities.

Currently, I've been using combinations of db_export and working with the
msf3 database in postgresql, but this feels clumsy switching from window to
window.  I think using the above commands with an IP address parameter would
allow one to tell at a glance what's up with a specific box.