Metasploit mailing list archives

vb script to infect WORD docs_LibreOffice?

From: cedric viaene <viaene.cedric () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:34:03 +0200

Hy
I have a question:
I'm following the metasploit Unleashed course, which is awesome BTW, and I stumbled into the technique to infect WORD
documents with vb script payloads.
I'm wondering if it has to be MS office where you create the malicious WORD document?

Can I install LibreOffice to Backtrack for example, create my malicious file with vb script(on the pentestdistro) and
then send to the victim(my other computer)?

It's a bit of a struggle en un-practical to first create your WORD document on the target machine and then execute.
Please help!

Thanks in advance