Metasploit mailing list archives

using db_nmap to scan database addresses

From: Marshal Graham <marshal.graham () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 18:02:47 -0500

This seems like a simple task but I can't seem to figure it out. Can I
run db_nmap against the IP addresses in the database? Here's the
scenario, I run a scanner like ssh_login or smb_version and it
populates the database with addresses. I would like to take those
addresses and run db_nmap to find out what other services are
listening on those hosts. I have tried some combinations of backticks
and pipes but neither seems to work. In my mind, the command would be
similiar to this
db_nmap -sS -Pn -A `hosts -c address`

but that does not seem to work. Thanks for any ideas.

Marshal