Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: How can i use an IE exploit

From: "Giles Coochey" <giles () coochey net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:37:53 +0200

On Fri, June 24, 2011 09:29, xy ye wrote:
Hi everybody£¡

I am a new metasploit user ,now i have download an IE exploit,my computer
ip
is 192.168.1.*(in wlan) and my router ip is 220.160.*.*
so if  I want to attack an PC outside wlan ,how can I set the 'SRVHOST'
and
'SRVPORT' .

I have set PAYLOAD windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp ,and what to set
'LHOST'
and 'LPORT'

If you want to use a client side exploit on IE you need to host the
exploit on a web server and lure the client to that website.
Your computer IP is a RFC1918 address, designed for private use only, you
will therefore need to port forward the router traffic to your host that
will host the payload on a website. Typically you will forward port 80 for
HTTP or port 443 for HTTPS. This is something that you will need to
configure on your router.