Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit Framework freezing

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:41:06 -0500

On 3/24/2011 2:59 AM, Anthony Papillion wrote:
MetaSploit GUI will run perfect for an arbitrary amount of time. Then,
it suddenly stops opening anything in the console window. The window
will come up, but nothing is displayed. When I shut down Metasploit and
restart it, I notice it gets stuck on opening the database. Ultimately,
I need to completely log out of my GNOME session and log back in to be
able to use the tool. Then, it works for an arbitrary amount of time
again before repeating the same problem.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 x86 if that helps.

Can anyone help?

You may want to start using the msfconsole interface first, then moving
on to try msfgui and armitage once you have the basics down.

-HD