Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework freezing

From: Anthony Papillion <papillion () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 02:59:57 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to MetaSploit and am quite excited about what this tool might
do to help me improve my client security. Tonight,  I took MS out for a
quick ride and was quite impressed by what I saw.

But I'm running into a problem that I hope you can help with...

MetaSploit GUI will run perfect for an arbitrary amount of time. Then, it
suddenly stops opening anything in the console window. The window will come
up, but nothing is displayed. When I shut down Metasploit and restart it, I
notice it gets stuck on opening the database. Ultimately, I need to
completely log out of my GNOME session and log back in to be able to use the
tool. Then, it works for an arbitrary amount of time again before repeating
the same problem.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 x86 if that helps.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Anthony

--