Metasploit mailing list archives

new exploit windows/browser/java_basicservice_impl doesn't accept win payloads?

From: Miguel Rios <miguelrios35 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:58:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've been messing around with the new exploit mentioned above. However, although when I open the ruby file I can see
the option to use windows as well as java payloads, the exploit fails when it attempts to use a windows payload. I even
tried with browser_autopwn and it also picks a windows payload by default, although it fails.

I get this message:

[*] [2010.11.22-17:49:54] Starting exploit windows/browser/java_basicservice_impl with payload
windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
[-] [2010.11.22-17:49:54] Exploit failed: windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp is not a compatible payload.
[-] [2010.11.22-17:49:54] Failed to start exploit module windows/browser/java_basicservice_impl

Is this a bug? Also, while I'm at it, why can't we have these browser exploits write to an html file instead of serving
the html on the fly? Writing to a file would allow for greater stealthiness and other goodies (like iframes), but it
may not be feasible. Just an idea I thought I'd throw out.

Thanks