Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Nessus 4.2 Bridge.

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 03:43:00 -0500

On 9/14/2010 9:31 PM, Zate Berg wrote:
Hello All,

I am pretty new to Ruby and this is my first attempt at adding something
to msf.  I am after feedback on both the coding, and the concept involved.

Concept:  Nessus 4.2 XMLRPC Connection, similar to the NeXpose
functionality.  Supporting authentication, scan management, policy
management, reporting and user management.  Right now it just connects,
auths, lists reports and imports the nessusV2 report.  If I am heading
in the right direction with this, I'll implement the rest.

It's implemented as a plugin, with it's own stand alone library in
lib/nessus/nessus-xmlrpc

Uses the Nessus XMLRPC Ruby Library from sourceforge, pretty much
unmodified.  I added a function to grab a list of the reports.  Again,
just making sure it's clear, I didn't write the library, but it;s GPL
and I've left all the credits in it.   I'll fix anything that is wrong
with it though and send the changes to the author.

I only started looking at Ruby a few ays ago, I usually work in perl or
PHP, so feel free to point out stupid things I have done.

nessus.rb --> in plugins
nessus-xmlrpc.rb --> lib/nessus

After Vlatko Kosturjak updated the plugin to be dual-licensed, we were
able to commit both the nessus xmlrpc library as well your plugin.
Thanks for the contribution and feel free to send updates via the
msfdev[at]metasploit.com alias.

-HD