Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: anyone tested killav?

From: John Nash <rootsecurityfreak () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 09:35:52 +0530

Rob,

I used a private exploit created by our team to break in and already have
system privs.

I want to install some standard malware/rootkit to show the client how easy
it is to do it. The minute i upload these files, the AV quarantines them.
This is why i need to shut the AV down.
Also, killing the AV will prove that even if you have a fully updated AV
does not mean you are secure.

In our review meeting the admin said "we updated our AVs everyday ....
nobody can break in..."

jn