Metasploit mailing list archives

Which modules work through a pivot point?

From: John Nash <rootsecurityfreak () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:55:58 +0530

Hello All,

I have used Metasploit for the last couple of years casually, but now
I am giving it a serious look and considering purchasing express.

I am thus doing an independent research on Metasploit. Due to the lack
of documentation, I have a couple of questions:

1. Once you create a pivot (B) ...say between the Attacker (A) and the
victim (C), what modules on Metasploit can be run through the pivot?

I have added a route through the pivot meterpreter session

msf > route print

Active Routing Table
====================

   Subnet             Netmask            Gateway
   ------             -------            -------
   192.168.1.1        255.255.255.0      Session 1

but the auxiliary modules like portscan and unable to function ...they
just timeout. Are there only some modules which will work through a
pivot? and others which won't? Can some please clarify?

2. Is it possible to channel other tools on the Attacker machine
through this pivot somehow? What  i wanna do is say run a tool like
fping (and others ... ) on the remote network through the pivot ....
is this possible?

Thanks so much!

John