Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Dynamically Generated Final Stages

From: tyronmiller () gmail com
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:10:32 +0000

Hey Philip,

Thanks for sending through the new link, as well as your response. I have gone through the code and I don't think this was what I was after. Appreciated anyway.

Let me see if I can be clearer in what I am after:

I have added my payload module called "awesome_payload" to my msf installation. In msfconsole, when I type "search awesome_payload" I get the following:

windows/dllinject/awesome_payload
windows/meterpreter/awesome_payload
windows/patchupdllinject/awesome_payload
windows/patchupmeterpreter/awesome_payload
windows/patchupvncinject/awesome_payload
windows/shell/awesome_payload
windows/upexec/awesome_payload
windows/vncinject/awesome_payload

So there are 8 possible final stages listed that the user can select. My module/handler needs to generate the final payload based on whatever the user specifies within msfconsole.

How do I generate the specific final stage that the user has selected within my module? Eg, is there something like "Msf::Payload.new(payload)"?

Thanks,
Ty

On , Philip Sanderson <philip.k.sanderson () gmail com> wrote:

https://www.metasploit.com/redmine/projects/framework/repository/revisions/10202/entry/modules/payloads/stages/linux/x86/meterpreter.rb